Programs – School Excursion Ideas
At Wannabees Family Play Town, we have designed primary school excursions suitable for early stage and stage 1 students. We have 5 different options to ensure all your needs are met. Here are our programs:
Workers in the Community
This excursion package has been incredibly popular for the past four years. Here, students learn about the workers in their community, and role-play their roles and responsibilities in their job. Features of this excursion include:
- Role-playing the role of a Fire Fighter at a fire.
- Exploring the role of a TV director and actor to make a movie.
- Learning about hospital workers and the different features of a hospital.
This program has been designed to reflect outcomes SSS1.7, SSS1.8. Download program here.
The Local and the Global
In this excursion, kids learn about how a local community can be related to an international one. Specifically, they make links between the different natural and built environments of various countries and communities, their foods and ways of life. It also looks at connections between local communities, examining how food gets from one place to another. Features of this excursions include:
- Creating a film about local, national, and world news.
- Role-playing in the supermarket to learn about how farming communities provide food to supermarkets all over the world.
- Learning about how children in remote communities go to school.
Rooms in The Local and the Global: Supermarket, Café, TV Studio, Post Office, School, News Room, Fire Station, and Construction Zone. Download program here.
The Features of Places
During this excursion students learn about all the different features of some of the most common and interesting places in their community. This includes learning about the roles of a certain place such as a fire station, police station, or hospital in the community.
Students also look at a place in the community holistically, gaining a basic understanding of how the different features of a place contribute to how it operates.
Features of this excursion include:
- Exploring the supermarket, and how different features keep food fresh, allow customers to purchase food, and make sure there’s enough food to serve a community.
- Role-playing scenarios in the hospital to learn about its different features, procedures, and equipment.
- Exploring the equipment and procedures of fire safety in the Wannabees fire station.
Rooms in The Features of Places: Supermarket, Café, TV Studio, Hospital, Police Station, Post Office, School, and Fire Station. Download program here.
Families Past and Present
- A very interactive and engaging talk where learn about music, fashion and Technology in each era.
- Three different activities based on the themes of Fashion, Technology, Music and dance Download program here.
This excursion package, teaches students about how communities can be cared for and how communities care for its citizens. It introduces basic citizenship concepts such as volunteering and responsibility through scenario based role-play.
Features of this excursion include:
- Discovering the role of Police Officers in keeping the community safe by exploring some of the technologies they employ.
- Participating in news reports about emergencies and emergency warnings in the Wannabees TV Studio.
- Learning about how places can be cared for through scenario-based role-play in the Café. Download program here.
This option is popular with many teachers. It allows you to adapt your excursion to the subjects you’re studying, from Science to History, we can make brand new lessons for your needs. Contact Wannabees Family Play Town to talk to one of our excursion coordinators and they will talk to you about the process of customisation. Incurs a one-off $50 customisation fee. Download programs here.